Sunday, 14 July 2013

DIY Rose Print Floral Nails


         
Please excuse these awful phone photo's, I have recently misplaced the charger to my camera and therefore have to result to this. Anyway, I hope you like my rose print nails. I'm a sucker for anything girlie and a sucker for nail art too, so as you can imagine, these nails pleased me rather a lot. :)
I wanted to make mine look quite bright so went for a bright blue base coat, but I think this would look really pretty on lilac or any colour really. If you fancy giving it a go then here's how it's done..
Firstly, paint your nails with two coats of your chosen base colour. (I chose Barry M in 'Pure Turquoise')
Then once they're dry, grab your pink/red polish (mine is Rimmel in Hot Shot) and dot around 2-5 random 'splodges' on your nail. Basically rough, messy circles! 
 
Then the most important part, to transform your splodges to pretty roses. While the pink/red paint is not quite dry, grab some sort of thin tool (I just used a pen that had ran out) and draw into the wet nail polish, making little swishes to form the look of petals. Then use a green polish (mine was BarryM in 'Mint Green') to create little leaves.
There you have it, pretty rose print nails in next to no time! I'm really getting into doing nail art lately and these are my favourite at the moment, as they're perfect for summer. Hope you like this post, would love to hear any other ideas for nail art if you have any.

24 comments:

  1. great post! I wish I was better at painting my nails :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I use to be rubbish at painting nails but this one was really easy! :) x

      Delete
  2. That turquoise colour is so beautiful.Perfect for summer!Nice nails
    xx

    styleofozoz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I no I'm in love with the turquoise colour too :) x

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! I love nail art that has a bit of texture to it - Definitely one to try out.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I love textured nails too! You should definitely give it a go :) x

      Delete
  4. i like how you used the pen to create the petals, very clever! :)

    xoxo
    Sam
    http://tboruth.blogspot.com/
    i'm a new follower, hope you follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea! Lovely colours too :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg this is fabulous! I wish I was as good as you!

    Followed you back :D

    http://www.sapphiretoast.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!!!Lovely blog!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this! FAB <3

    Niamh x

    http://niamhetc.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm your newest follower on GFC and bloglovin. In fact, I've shown lots of love (likes) on your wonderful bloglovin posts. Hope you'll do the same.

    Erin

    thefashionfairyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw! these are super cute, love them!

    Lauren x

    laurenkatedavies.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your nail art! Is way better than what I have tried! I also love your blog banner by the way:) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This nail art is so cute..perfect Summer nails.
    Have to follow; Check out
    www.thisismyworldthisisme.blogspot.com

    Becka xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cutest nails! Love the design!

    Tolu from FashinateMe x

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey, loved this post! come check out my blog :) elliebeaa.blogspot.com

    thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful job! Love the flowery nails =)
    - Che

    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this nail art!
    x
    http://sassyc0c0.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  17. such cute nails, i like the blue and pink!

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look so good!
    you have a new follower too ;)
    Meg xx

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are amazing! So pretty!

    Amelia x
    mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's amazing , it must of taken you ages to create :) !!!

    ReplyDelete