Thursday, 17 January 2013

Resolutions










I'm a little late on the new year resolutions post, I'll admit, but to be honest I never properly thought about my resolutions and now realize that that's a bit rubbish and not very fun at all! So my NY promises start today. (Promise!) I am determined to make 2013 a great year and I'm going to do everything I can to make that come true!


1. Stop worrying about what others think and to put myself first.

I must admit I'm getting slightly better at this! I've always been quite a scared person who doesn't dare tell someone if I'm not happy about something and I won't voice my opinion. I don't know what it is that's helping, maybe it's just growing up, but I'm getting over this a little and I'm a lot happier for doing so. :)


2. Make a lot of memories with friends and take a lot more pictures.

I have a small group of best friends who really do make me so happy. (Soppy I know!) We've grown up together and stayed strong and even though we don't see each other every week, it's still as fun every time we do meet up. Lately, with working a lot, I find that I don't make enough time for my friends, always using the excuse of 'I'm so tired'. Well, I do not want to get any older and look back and think 'why was I always wining about being tired all the time and missed out on so many things?!' That's not the best way to make memories is it?! So I plan to make a lot more time with them and take more pictures of making memories with my friends and the things that make me happy.

3. Save up so I can do the things I love.

I hate missing out on things cos I'm skint or not being able to buy all the lovely things I so desperately want, but that's the fantastic life of a student for you! I am going to stop spending so much money on pointless things though, so I can save for things I really want. I've decided I'm going to make my own very pretty money jar soon to motivate me, after seeing this idea on other blogs. Hope it works!

4. Of course, eat healthier.

Yawn, I know, everyone has the same resolution and I'm not going to blab on about my new amazing diet plan, cos let's face it, I'll more than likely be back to normal in a week and be stuffing my face with chocolate (very motivated aren't I?!) I'm not going to stop having the things I enjoy, but maybe just not be as naughty when it comes to sweets and treats. I have the sweetest of sweet tooth's so it won't be easy!

Oh and of course my biggest resolution of all..
keep up with blogging and create lot's of lovely posts :)

Sophie x



11 comments:

  1. That's really lovely about your friends and how you've all grown up and not grown apart - it makes everything way more lovely when ya all do manage to be reuinted! ^.^


    flawedfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I suppose, if you don't see each other for a while, you have more to catch up on, which is more fun :)
      Thank you for your lovely comment Lucy!

      X

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh...this post is literally me... well obviously it's not literally me but you catch my drift...it's so refreshing to see I'm not the only one out there like this...I've been doing a lot of thinking recently and decided to make these changes and a few more too... there's absolutely nothing worse than living your life with regrets, new year new start I say.....good on you :-)

    P.s...yaaay I'm going to be follower #2
    xxxxx

    http://segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad to see I'm not the only one too!
      2013 will be our year! :)
      I hope you manage to make the positive changes you want!
      Thank you for your lovely comment and for being my 2nd follower! :)
      I'm now following yours too!xxx

      Delete
  3. I don't ever make resolutions but I really like your promises and if I did make resolutions these would deffinately be on my list :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanesha! I know I never really give much thought to resolutions either, so thought I'd give it a go this year :)

      Thanks for your comment!x

      Delete
  4. hey i'm your newest follower and i love your blog.. i can see a load of potential here! i'd really like it if you'd check my blog out and maybe follow me?

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    katy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katy! Thank you so much, that means a lot!
      Thank you for your comment and for following :)

      I started following you a few days ago and I love your blog, it's fab!xx

      Delete
  5. We pretty much have the same resolutions, cant help but feel like 2012 was lacking in experiences and opertunities. Going to try and save up and go to some places and make alot more memories and of course photos to put in my new blog. Your blog is so well written, personal, beautiful and easy on the eye, hope i can get more technically savvy to improve my blog. Your followed. xx

    http://literallyimperfect.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Émer! You have made my day :) I'm so glad you like my blog, it's very new and feel like I have a lot to learn too. I've followed your blog, I think you've got some fab reviews on there and look forward to reading future ones from you :)
      I hope you get everything you want in 2013 and manage to stick to your resolutions (I'm finding saving up very hard now gloomy January is over!)xx

      Delete
  6. cute blog! :)
    followed you :D
    would love it if you followed back :D
    xx, Regine
    mrs-adventurer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete